Job opportunity for a Community and Corporate Engagement Coordinator
November 17, 2020
Community and Corporate Engagement Coordinator.
Permanent or Part-time pro rata.
This post is pivotal to supporting our planned growth to help us to become the champions of mental health on the Isle of Man from low-level early intervention positive mental health support through our Isle Listen brand, to the more complex needs around cancer and life-changing illnesses through our Minds Matter brand. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will ideally be an experienced specialist who will protect, nurture and grow relationships with key supporters and stakeholders.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and make a big difference to a growing charity and the role will suit someone who is passionate about mental health, is able to champion the work of the charity and is enthusiastic and confident about developing relationships and partnerships. Working closely with the senior management team, you will provide strong support in driving community and workplace engagement – creating new income generation opportunities and developing a small but highly motivated volunteer supporter-base. A key part of the role will be working with the wider team to identify ways to showcase the great work we do and how supporters can help us do more of it.
You will already know how to build relationships and engage with supporters – and be able to provide them with appropriate ways to give, to get involved and learn how their support is making a difference. You will be a confident communicator and have excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills and can comfortably network and engage at an appropriate level, understanding when to involve other team members.
- Supporting the senior leadership team in managing relationships with our key stakeholders and supporters.
- Working with the wider Marketing Team to communicate effectively with existing corporate partners, community groups and linked stakeholders.
- Providing content for our external communications via social media, the print press and radio to celebrate our supporters and advertise fundraising events hosted by our supporters.
- Be the main point of contact for all fundraising enquiries, fielding requests, offers of support and escalating to the senior leadership team as appropriate.
- Developing new relationships to achieve growth in income through potential donors and corporate sponsors.
- Recruiting and managing community and workplace volunteers around income generation and social engagement activities.
- Project leading on the organisation and execution of events using the support of the wider team where necessary.
- Attending and, where appropriate, representing the organisation at agreed external events.
- Participating in the development of our CRM database and engagement processes to deliver efficient and timely support to the organisation.
- Reporting on income generation and engagement activity and escalating areas of potential concern/advantage to the senior leadership team.
- Experience in successfully managing relationships with stakeholder groups which may include relationship management or sales experience
- Experience of stewarding and cultivating relationships with stakeholders at all levels, internal and external, and in the Third Sector would be an advantage
- Experience of recruiting new major donors or corporate supporters or cultivating sponsor relationships
- Experience of organising and executing events
- Ability to effectively recruit and manage volunteers to form a mutually beneficial and lasting relationship with the Charity
Want to apply?
Now closed to new applications.