International Happiness at Work Week
September 25, 2020 | by Mandy Kinnell
An Oxford University study released in October 2019 demonstrated a clear link between happy workers and productivity.
With this week being International Happiness at Work week, it got me thinking about why this is so important. We often discuss with organisations we work with, the importance of creating a constructive culture, where good health and wellbeing are high on the agenda as this creates the opportunity for people to be their best, their happiest self. With this thought, we wanted to share a ‘How To’ of 5 ways that you can be happier at work:
- Celebrate your successes: Take the time to acknowledge a job well done and give yourself a pat on the back. It doesn’t have to be a huge accomplishment either, even small goals, milestones and progress made against a bigger goal are worth celebrating. Reflecting on a successful job completed builds confidence
- Collaborate: Working together with people to achieve a shared goal makes us feel connected, supported and strengthens relationships with our colleagues. Social interaction is an important facet of our wellbeing. Learn something about your colleagues; What are their interests? What sparks their passions? – Why not get inspiration from those close by
- Learn something new: Take the time to master a new skill, develop ourselves or acquire new knowledge – All will help to enhance our sense of self-esteem.
- Find your motivation: Understand how your personal values and beliefs align with those of the organisation you work for, whether it is a cause, a service or a product, find a way to connect with it and make it the thing that gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Leave early: Every now and then take a break, get a coffee or enjoy your down time, holidays and weekends. With many of us still spending at least some time working remotely, it is important to set clear boundaries and look after our own wellbeing.
#islelisten #workplace #happinessatwork #internationalhappinessatworkweek #happinessatworkweek #isleofman #remoteworking