Job opportunity for an Engagement Support Administrator
May 27, 2021
Engagement Support Administrator
Salary indication: £20,000 – £22,000
This post is pivotal to supporting our planned growth to help us to become the champions of mental health on the Isle of Man from low-level early intervention positive mental health support through our Isle Listen Brand, to the more complex needs around cancer and life-changing illnesses through our Minds Matter brand. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Income Generation, you will ideally be an experienced specialist who will protect, nurture and grow relationships with key supporters and stakeholders.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and make a big difference to a growing charity and the role will suit someone who is passionate about mental health, is able to champion the work of the charity and is enthusiastic and confident about developing relationships and partnerships. A key part of the role will be to work with the wider Marketing and Engagement team to provide strong administrative support to help grow community and workplace engagement with the charity and communicate how their support makes a difference.
You will already have some experience of working in an office environment and providing administrative support to a wider team. You will need to be a confident communicator and have a good understanding of the importance of nurturing relationships, as well as being comfortable meeting new people to learn about their motivation for supporting the charity.
- Supporting the Community and Corporate Engagement and Marketing team in managing relationships and communicating with our key stakeholders and supporters.
- Collating content for our external communications to celebrate our supporters and promote fundraising activities hosted by our supporters.
- Provide support to the wider team dealing with all fundraising enquiries by fielding requests, offers of support and escalating to the senior leadership team as appropriate.
- Support with the organisation and execution of events using the support of the wider team, where necessary.
- Periodically attending and, where appropriate, representing the organisation at agreed external events.
- Supporting on income generation and engagement activity and escalating areas of potential concern/advantage to the senior leadership team.
- Represent the charity in cheque presentation photographs for the charity’s PR use.
- Ensuring that a log of activity and donations are recorded within our database.
Measures of Success
- Growth in supporter income
- Increased number of key stakeholder approaches
- Healthy conversion rate from prospect to partner
- Retention of and increased support from existing funders
- Positive stakeholder feedback
- Experience in providing administrative support to a wider team such as a relationship management or sales team
- Used to working to deadlines
- You must have a full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management: able to prioritise a varied workload, and work independently with minimum supervision to achieve objectives
- Articulate, confident, sensitive and diplomatic
- The ability to understand and convey a strong story to donors and prospects on the phone, face to face and via email
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft 365 software, a good working knowledge of CRM databases would be an advantage
- Highly motivated and objective-orientated
- Proactive, positive and collaborative approach
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work at evenings or weekends
- A strong belief in the importance of mental health, coupled with an understanding of the need for philanthropic support to achieve it
Want to apply?
Sorry, we’re no longer able to accept applications for this role.